The 2023 Trades Scholarship application period is now open!
We’re all made stronger by the women who pursue specialized trades, turning unique skillsets into flourishing careers. Their imprint on our communities is invaluable. Every day they make their mark by making our community a better place to live. We are proud to offer $500 scholarship awards to help women go after their dreams by supporting the cost of their education or to purchase the tools needed to pursue their trade. A special thank you goes to the National Association of Women in Construction of South Central PA for their partnership in this scholarship program.
Read about our 2022 Women in the Trades Scholarship recipients.
If you have any questions about the scholarship process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org get in touch with someone from our team.
- Residency – Female residents of York, Adams, Lancaster, and the Capital Region who are pursuing a career in the trades
- Industry Shadowing – Applicants must have participated in at least 5 hours of job shadowing within the past calendar year
- Academics – Grade point average of 3.0 or higher, on a 4.0 scale, maintained through high school or through current level of education
- Community Service – Applicants must demonstrate meaningful involvement in a community organization
- Completed Her Traditions Women in the Trades Scholarship Program application form
- Academic transcript current through the end of the junior year or current level of education
- Letter of recommendation from an adult in the applicant’s school, job shadowing, or community service program
- On a separate sheet of paper, answer the following in 250 words or less: How do you define leadership and/or teamwork? Describe how you plan to utilize the skills of leadership and/or teamwork to excel in the trade industry.
Applicants will be rated competitively by an advisory panel, which will select recipients for their potential as leaders and role models based on the combined strengths of their leadership and/or teamwork skills, academic records, recommendation letters, and essay.
Once selected, recipients will be required to submit registration documentation for the subsequent fall term at an accredited college or university, trade school, or letter of employment indicating enrollment in the company’s apprenticeship program. Recipients are also asked to submit a photo and brief video within a specific time to be used by Traditions Bank to recognize their award publicly. Students who do not provide enrollment documentation will forfeit their scholarships.
Application Period and Deadlines
The application period is now open. Applications must be submitted through our online application by May 1, 2023. If you have problems completing any portion of the Her Traditions Scholarship application, please email email@example.com to get in touch with someone from our team. All applicants will be contacted by late June.
***Attention Applicants: Please note that you will receive a popup message confirming your application has been received. If you don’t see this message, please reach out to HerTraditions@Traditions.Bank to verify that your application was processed.