Lobbies are now reopened to walk-in customers. Click here for locations and hours. ATMs and online banking are available 24/7.
The 2022 Scholarship Application Period is Now Open!
Program Purpose and Description
The female students in our school districts are on the path to make their mark in the world and serving as role models for future generations. Our goal is to celebrate and encourage them to reach their potential. We offer a variety of $500 scholarship awards to help them go after their dreams.
Please read about our 2021 Her Traditions Scholarship recipients.
- Residency – Female residents of York, Lancaster, and the Capital Region who are 2022 graduating seniors at a public or accredited private high school in these areas
- Leadership – Applicants must have also served as a class officer or held another leadership position in an organized, school-sponsored activity or community organization
- Academics – Grade point average of 3.0 or higher, on a 4.0 scale, maintained through the end of the junior year in high school
- Community Service – Applicants must have accumulated a minimum of 20 hours of community service within the past calendar year (12 months)
- Completed Her Traditions Scholarship Program application form
- Academic transcript current through the end of the junior year
- Letter of recommendation from the adult supervisor of the club, organization, or community service activity in which the student has held a leadership position
- On a separate sheet of paper, answer the following in 250 words or less: How do you define leadership? Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school.
Applicants will be rated competitively by an advisory panel, which will select recipients for their potential as leaders and role models based on the combined strengths of their leadership skills, academic records, recommendation letters, and essay.
Once selected, recipients will be required to submit registration documentation for the subsequent fall term at an accredited college or university that awards degrees at the Associate level or higher. Recipients are also asked to submit a photo and brief video within a specific time to be used by Traditions Bank to recognize their award publicly. Students who do not provide enrollment documentation will forfeit their scholarships.
Application Period and Deadlines
The application period is now open. Applications must be submitted through our online application by March 1, 2022. If you have problems completing any portion of the Her Traditions Scholarship application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with someone from our team. All applicants will be contacted by early May.