Supporting Education in our Community through EITC
At Traditions Bank, service and commitment to our community are a part of who we are. We’re honored to give back to local nonprofits through the Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit and Opportunity Scholar Tax Credit programs.
The Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) and Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) allow Pennsylvania businesses that are accepted into the program to take a credit against their state tax dollars for contributions made to qualifying nonprofits within their own community. Recipients must be recognized as an Educational Improvement Organization (EIO,) Opportunity Scholarship Organization (OSTC,) or have a qualifying Scholarship Opportunity (SO) or Pre-Kindergarten Scholarship (PKTC) fund in place. In 2018, Traditions Bank was pleased to distribute a total of $175,000 in funds to 38 educational organizations to support them in fulfilling their missions.
The following nonprofits were supported through Traditions Bank’s EITC dollars:
- Appell Center for the Performing Arts
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of York County
- Boy Scouts of America – New Birth of Freedom Council
- Byrnes Health Education Center
- Children’s Home of York
- Christian School of York
- Creative York
- Crispus Attucks Association, Inc.
- Cultural Alliance of York County
- DreamWrights Youth & Family Theatre
- Hanover Area Family YMCA
- Hanover Foundation for Excellence in Education, Inc.
- Jewish Community Center of York Pennsylvania
- Junior Achievement of South Central PA
- Leg Up Farm
- Logos Academy
- Martin Library Association
- Neumann Scholarship Foundation (St. Joseph School, Dallastown; St. Patrick School, York; York Catholic High School)
- New Hope Ministries, Inc.
- Pennsylvania State University Philanthropic Fund (Penn State-York)
- South Western Education Foundation
- Steam Into History
- The Belmont Theatre
- The Foundation for the West York Area School District, Inc.
- The Salvation Army – York, PA
- TrueNorth Wellness Services
- YMCA of York and York County
- York Academy Foundation
- York College of Pennsylvania/YCCOSP
- York Country Day School
- York County Alliance for Learning
- York County History Center
- York County Library System for Guthrie Memorial Library
- York Day Nursery and Kindergarten, Inc.
- York Suburban Education Foundation
- York Symphony Orchestra
- YWCA of Hanover
- YWCA of York
For more information on the program, visit the EITC website.
Visit our Facebook album for a full gallery of our EITC check presentations.