Lobbies are now reopened to walk-in customers. Click here for locations and hours. ATMs and online banking are available 24/7.
How to Switch to Traditions Bank and Experience More Personalized Banking
For years, banks have attempted to develop a magic button to help new customers quickly and easily switch accounts. The truth is the magic isn’t in some software or a slick “switch kit.” It’s in the people behind the process.
Our Transition Guide is a handy tool to organize the process of moving your bank accounts to Traditions Bank in York, Hanover, and Lancaster, PA. We’re sure you will find it helpful; however, this guide cannot take the place of the local, personalized support our branch associates stand ready to provide. Our experienced and friendly banking professionals will help you as much (or as little) as you are comfortable with, making sure no important details fall through the cracks.
We Make it Easier to Change Banks
At Traditions Bank, we like to think of changing banks as an investment. By spending a little time creating a relationship with us, the investment you make will not only help you meet your financial goals, it will pay off in ways that can’t be measured in dollars — like being recognized by name when you enter our doors!
We believe that every customer should be treated with respect by a banker they come to know and trust, and it begins by making it as easy as possible to make the change in the first place. While change may not seem simple, getting the service you deserve is a lot less complicated than you ever imagined. We promise it will be worth it.
Your Guide to Switching Banks
Step 1: Contact Us
Team up with a Traditions Bank “Transition Partner” who will help you every step of the way! We know that changing banks takes time, patience, and attention to detail. We give you all three!
How to Reach Us:
- Call 717-747-2600
- Contact a Member of our Personal Banking Team
- Stop into One of Our Seven Bank Branches in Central PA
Step 2: Open your Account(s)
We’ll work with you to find the right account or combination of accounts for your specific needs and goals. We’ll also provide guidance on how to enroll in Online Banking, Bill-Pay, Mobile Banking, and electronic delivery at this time.
STEP 3: Begin the Transition
Stop writing checks and paying bills from your former bank account.
Think about the things that are automatically deposited or deducted from your former bank account and write them down. We’ve provided a spreadsheet (PDF) to help you get started!
Check your bills for your current method of payment:
- Vendor Direct: Includes transactions you’ve set up with a company to automatically deposit or withdraw from your checking account. Contact the company directly to provide them with your new Traditions Bank account number.
- Deposit Examples: Company Paycheck, Social Security, Pension
- Payment Examples: Mortgage, Car Insurance, Cell Phone Bill
- Debit Card: Includes transactions you’ve set up with a company to automatically be paid using your former bank’s debit card number rather than your checking account number. Contact the company directly. We do not suggest using your Traditions Bank Debit Card number for recurring payments. Instead, consider setting this up via Vendor Direct, Traditions Bank bill-pay or Traditions Bank credit card.
- Example: Health Club Membership
- Bill-Pay via Online Banking or Mobile Banking: Includes transactions you initiate via an online banking bill payment service. Stop using your former service and establish your new Traditions Bank Bill-Pay via Online Banking. Once it’s set up, you can download our Mobile App.
Closing Accounts at Your Former Bank
As you Transition to Traditions, it’s important to continue to monitor your previous accounts to ensure that your updated automatic payments and pending checks have cleared. Once you’ve noted on your spreadsheet that all outstanding bills have successfully been transferred to your new Traditions Bank account, its time to close your former account. You can do this in one of three ways:
- An in-person visit to your former bank (suggested method)
- By phone. Make sure to note whom you speak to and the date of the account closure
- By writing a letter. We can provide a form letter to help you!
If you have any issues, questions or concerns along the way, we’ll be there to help. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. It’s a privilege to have you as a customer!
Let Us Help You Get Started!
We’ll be happy to help you get the ball rolling! If you’re anxious to make the switch to more personalized banking, just let us know how to reach you and we’ll be in touch soon!