Benefits of Chip-Enabled Debit Cards
Why use a Traditions Bank Debit Card?
- Can be used virtually anywhere MasterCard® is accepted in the U.S. and around the world!
- Can be used like an ATM card
- Only one card to carry
- Provides an easy way to pay
- Reduces the need for check writing
- Reduces the need to carry cash
- Surcharge-free withdrawals through the MoneyPass® ATM network!
- Add to your digital wallet – Learn how!
MoneyPass® ATM Network
Traditions Bank is part of the MoneyPass surcharge-free ATM network, with thousands of ATMs coast to coast — and the network continues to grow! Since each and every MoneyPass ATM is surcharge-free, you won’t have to worry about paying a fee to Traditions Bank or any other bank in the MoneyPass network in order to access your money.
For a list of MoneyPass ATMs, visit www.moneypass.com or download the free app for iPhone or Android.
Keep an eye on the cards in your wallet with the phone in your pocket with CardValet!
CardValet is a free app for your iPhone or Android phone that allows you to turn your Traditions Bank debit card “on” or “off.” This can be particularly useful for times when you might have lost your card, or suspect it was stolen. By turning it “off,” you ensure that no transactions can occur. It also offers other controls and settings that help you limit the geographic area where the card can be used, the type of merchant and the dollar amount. Any limit can be changed instantly using the CardValet app.
What makes CardValet valuable?
CardValet is easy to use and one of the most powerful tools you can have to protect against fraudulent use of a lost, stolen or compromised debit card. It can also be useful for controlling the way dependents can use a debit card you give them. In addition to the ability to turn your cards “on” or “off” for all transactions, you can also:
- Define and limit geographic areas where your card can be used
- Limit the type of merchant where the card can be used
- Set limits on the dollar amount for any transaction
- Receive alerts when anyone attempts to use the card outside your limits
- Instantly change your settings, giving you complete control over your debit card
Ready to use CardValet?
If you are a Traditions Bank mobile banking user, this feature is built into the mobile app under “Manage my cards.” Or you can download the free CardValet standalone app and help safeguard your Traditions Bank debit card from fraud.
Find out more about CardValet by watching the video tutorial.