Since Traditions Bank’s inception in 2002, the organization has had a strong focus on supporting women in the important role they play in our community’s success. Through the Her Traditions program, women are encouraged to be engaged in their financial health and set inspirational goals that help them reach new heights.
As part of the Her Traditions focus on celebrating women leaders, the bank awards five scholarships to York County graduates who plan to attend college, excel academically, provide high levels of community service, and exhibit a strong focus on leadership.
Now in its 10th year, the Her Traditions Scholarship Program recently recognized five area seniors with $500 scholarships. Traditions Bank is proud to acknowledge the accomplishments of the following young women:
- Maleah Culp, South Western High School – attending Lycoming College for Criminology and Psychology
- Shyanne Fleming, Dover Area High School – attending York College of PA for Human Services
- Amani Patel, Dallastown Area High School – attending Hofstra University for Pre-Medical Studies
- Barbara Salinas, Logos Academy – attending Susquehanna University for Political Science
- Ivy Snyder, Spring Grove Area High School – attending Temple University for Urban Studies
We asked each of the winners, “What inspires you as a young leader?”
Information on the 2021 Her Traditions Scholarship will be available in September. Click here for details.